Assignment 2 Boids Flocking, A* Algorithm,Dijkstra Algorithm and Cost Driven

Boids Flocking

The next AI techniques I will talk about in connection with my game is Boids Flocking  and if I could use it  in any way in my football game. Boids Flocking is an AI techniques that is meant to simulate the way birds flock together in a group, the way they fly closely together avoiding each other when they get too near. This technique can also be used for groups of people such as in the game Assassin Creed, when the developers tried to create a city with the impression of large numbers of people. Other animals could also be used for example stampeding in fright or hunting in packs.  I think Boids Flocking would be suitable for my football game as it can simulate a group of players running after the ball and trying to score a goal, but a limit on the number of players grouping together would have to be put in place, as in a real football game not every player runs after the ball at the same time. 






 A* Algorithm

The next AI techniques to talk about regarding my game is A* Algorithm.  This is a path finding Algorithm widely used because it is considered the easiest and simplest one, this path finder uses a Heuristic function to find the best route out of all the options for a given situation, for example if you were trying to get from A to B whilst avoiding enemy guards this Algorithm would find the best path for you to do this.  I think this would be suitable for my game because it can help the AI characters find the best path to get the football into the goal whilst avoiding the player.  It can also be used to the players advantage as his AI  team mates can use it to find a path so they can score a goal.


.







Dijkstra Algorithm and Cost Driven

The third AI technique I will talk about is Dijkstra Algorithm and whether I could use it in my game. This technique is an Algorithm which looks at all available routes in a given environment and finds the shortest path, this is not necessarily the best or safest route as it only considers the shortest option. I think Cost Driven Algorithms that are used to find the path which results in the least casualties for your side would not be relevant to my football game, because in my game the least casualties are not a consideration as it is a sports game. However, I think that Dijkstra Algorithm would be suitable because it would help both the ally AI's and rival AI's to find the shortest route to the goal.    

  


Image result for Dijkstra Algorithm


         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Decision making concepts,State machines and Fuzzy logic

Assignment 2 Algorithms, heuristics and hacks